Outboard Propeller Selection Guide
· Heavy laden boat= lower pitch larger Diameter (Increase low end torque reduced top end speed)
· Water Skiing = drop a pitch (15 to 14)
· Top end speed = Higher pitch (17 to 19)
· 4 blade prop higher thrust (bottom end, loose top end speed)
· Prop should match recommenced RPM, if RPM high increase prop pitch I,e 9 to 10 inch, this will lower rpm.
· A change in pitch will alter Revs by Approx 250rpm
· Consider on 50HP and over offset of Engine to Starboard ½ to 1 “ this prevents chime, a build up of engine oscillation. (Natural in balance of a four stroke outboard)
For More information on Propellors please call us: 01475 744 555.